More people across Canada are working from home. This business
model is the perfect choice for many people; but is a home based
business franchise the right choice for you?
- Flexibility: A lot of flexibility comes with a
home based business franchise. You can work in your pajamas. You
can work late at night or in the wee early morning hours. You can
listen to music.
- However, too much flexibility can undermine your efforts. It is
good to also have some structure. Create a schedule, establish a
routine and stick with them.
- Better health: You can set aside time for a
daily walk, run or swim. You can stock your kitchen with healthy
food and eat balanced meals.
- Savings on clothing: Even in a "business
casual" office, there is a large expense involved in proper attire.
With a home based business franchise, you can always dress
- Working in your pajamas sounds good, but studies indicate it is
not very productive. Get up, take a shower, get dressed -- you
don't have to wear high heals or a neck tie, unless you want
- More time with family: You can be more
available to your family when you are working a home based business
franchise. You can have that healthy lunch with your kids. But, be
sure your family understands you are working and should not be
- It could be lonely: If you are a person who thrives on social
interaction or office camaraderie, a home based business might not
- The day can be monotonous: Take regularly
scheduled breaks away from your work space -- and don't eat your
meals in your home office.
- A dedicated work space is important: Don't use
your dining room table as your office. You need a dedicated room or
area where you go specifically to work; and you can leave at the
end of your work day.
Be honest with yourself, if a home based business isn’t right
for you, there are alternatives where you can be your boss with
more structure. However, if after careful review of these points
you are still considering a home based business franchise, then
congratulations, you are past your first hurtle.