- Investment Level$50,001 - $100,000
- Number of Units336
- IndustryChildren, Business For Women, Educational , Franchises For Women, International franchises, Mompreneur
- Franchising Since1958
- Royalty Fee$32 - $36
Kumon is the world’s largest after-school math and reading enrichment program. With over 50 years of success and growth, Kumon is one of the most established franchise businesses in the world. Entrepreneur Magazine has ranked Kumon No. 1 “Tutoring Services Franchise” for 15 consecutive years.
Kumon Franchisee candidates must meet the following qualifications to be considered for a franchise opportunity:
- A passion for and dedication to education and working with children
- Post-secondary education (Four-year university degree or college diploma)
- A full-time commitment to Kumon
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adequate capital to aggressively develop your Kumon Centre
- Minimum $70,000 liquid capital and at least $150,000 net worth
- Excellent customer service skills
A good understanding of your area of opportunity
and strong ties to the community
Kumon Training & Support
Kumon trains qualified franchisees in the Kumon Curriculum and the Kumon Learning Method as well as in business strategies for owning and operating a Kumon Centre. Initial training consists of 3 courses over a 4-5 month period at our local and regional Branch Offices, as well as our Kumon University training facility in Teaneck, New Jersey. Kumon Centre owners also take part in our continuing professional development programs.
Kumon Branch Office staff take an active role in supporting franchisees in both the administration of programs and centre growth and development. As an example: Student materials are continually reviewed, updated and supplied to our centres. Both internal communications and customer communications are produced and disseminated regularly. In addition, Kumon provides national and local marketing and franchisee support programs.
Kumon Franchise Initial Investment
The estimated range for the initial investment of a Kumon Franchise is $63,370 to $158,390 for the initial investment. The retail location of the centre must be at least 1,000 useable square feet. You will find that Kumon has a much lower start-up cost than other supplemental learning franchises.
If you are an enterprising individual interested in starting your own franchise business and contributing to the community, contact us today to find out whether Kumon
is the right franchise opportunity for you!
Fill out the Submit Info Request or click the Send Request Now button to the right to be contacted directly about this opportunity.