- Investment Level$200,000 - $300,000
- Number of Units2300
- IndustryAutomotive, Business Opportunities, Businesses for Sale, International franchises, Retail
- Franchising Since1956
Minimum Liquid Capital Required: $75,000
Trust the Midas Touch
Midas is proud to be a trusted, globally recognized leader in the automotive industry, with more than 2,300 franchised and licensed shops worldwide. As we continue to build our reputation and expand throughout Canada, we’re looking for motivated people like you to be a part of our family! Join the Midas team and build long-term success with the #1 automotive repair franchise.
As a Midas franchisee, you can experience the benefits of joining one of the most recognized names in the automotive market. Our worldwide brand awareness gives you and your business a competitive edge. We work hard every day to earn consumer trust by providing expertise, quality and value to every customer, every time. As we celebrate nearly 60 years of proven success, the support we offer makes becoming a Midas franchisee an unparalleled opportunity you don't want to miss.
About the Industry
- The Canadian auto repair industry reported revenues of $19.1 billion in 2013.
- Revenues are expected to grow 2.6% in 2015.
- By 2017, growth is expected to surpass 3%.
Source: DesRosiers Automotive Consultants Inc., iHS Automotive driven by Polk and industry data.
Your Golden Opportunity
In 2013, the average age of a registered car in Canada was 9.3 years. As drivers keep their cars longer and their warranties expire, Midas is the natural choice for people who are looking for a trusted mechanic. This represents a huge opportunity for Midas franchise owners.
As a Midas franchisee you will be able to:
- Enjoy the challenge of growing your own business.
- Oversee your business with full P & L responsibilities.
- Optimize the shop operation for expected service demand.
- Select, hire and train your very own top notch staff.
- Represent Midas in your community through business associations, sponsorships and local charity outreach activities.
- Engage with your customers through the Midas CRM system to promote offers and provide service reminders.
- Strive to become the ‘shop’ your customers think of first when they think of servicing their vehicles.
There are several ways for qualified candidates to enter the Midas franchise program, including the development of a new shop, purchase of an existing shop, conversion of your existing auto business or the purchase of a company owned Midas location.
Benefit from nearly 60 years of Midas experience
Midas has been building a stellar reputation in the automotive service and repair industry for nearly six decades. We want to help you succeed; before you open and as you continue to operate your shop Midas will help you with the following:
- Business management system for your shop: Your shop management system is an integral part of the success of your business. With our effective system you will have access to powerful tools to help you manage a variety of functions from invoicing and estimating to inventory management and control, and much more.
- New franchisee orientation: At the Midas training center in our corporate office, you will receive an introduction to the Midas retail platform, gain an understanding of our competitive advantages and learn the skills necessary to become our customers’ choice for automotive service.
- Ongoing training and training resources: You can count on our training staff to assist you with the planning, coordination and delivery of a variety of types of training for you and your staff.
- Operational support: Field support is provided through a network of Franchise Business Managers and Shop Operations Managers throughout North America who act as a liaison with Midas corporate.
- Development support: Franchise and real estate staff work with franchise owners to identify expansion opportunities and offer guidance during the site selection process. Construction and project managers provide shop design assistance and prototypical floor plans.
- Optimizing and marketing your business: We provide a variety of innovative and proven resources and campaigns that will position your business as the auto service shop of choice for consumers in your area.
Incentive Programs are now being offered for franchisees who open a new Shop or re-open a company-owned location. Contact us for more details.
Here are some of the unique ways becoming a Midas franchisee gives you a competitive edge:
- Outstanding brand recognition.
- Growth-focused business model.
- Exclusive product warranties and lifetime guarantees.
- Exceptional and innovative advertising.
- Knowledgeable and experience senior management team with diverse backgrounds in retail, wholesale, operations and development.
- Unparalleled support and resources, strategically positioned for long-term franchise growth.
The minimum liquid capital required is approximately $75,000 for an existing 6-bay shop (when available) and/or up to $415K for a new 8-bay shop (partner or investor contribution can be included and does not include Real Estate costs). Additional capital and an ability to secure financing may be required in some situations. Total estimated investment varies with the type of opportunity (for example, new development or existing operation), geographical location and site characteristics. Midas will provide additional details to qualified franchise candidates through our Franchise Disclosure Document. There is no cost or obligation to begin discussions with Midas. We work closely with all qualified candidates throughout the evaluation process which is designed to assist you in making an informed decision about the opportunity to become a franchisee with Midas.
“This website and any request for information or forms are not a franchise offering or an offer to sell a franchise. A franchise offering can be made by us only if we provide you with an appropriate Canadian disclosure document (as applicable in each Canadian Province)”